Calling all alumni volunteers! Join the ranks of our exceptional volunteer team of loyal alumni. We are always looking for alumni who want to get involved in the life of their alma mater. There are numerous ways to reconnect and support SU - and it's easy!
for a list of volunteer opportunities
Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at 800.786.4802 or firstname.lastname@example.org to become involved with Shenandoah University!
Admissions & Career Services Committee
Committee Chair: Debbie Orbacz '04
Goal: To assist the Shenandoah University Office of Admissions during the fall travel period and to assist Career Services as needed.
- Recruit alumni volunteers to attend college fairs in local area
- Advise the Office of Alumni Affairs in working with Career Services
- Mentor alumni and current students
Committee Chair: Elaine Aikens '75
Goal: To recognize outstanding alumni of Shenandoah University.
- Define appropriate alumni awards and the criteria for each
- Select annual alumni award recipients
- Assist the Office of Alumni Affairs staff with coordination of the nomination process
- Host the award portion of the Alumni Celebration Luncheon during Homecoming Weekend
Committee Chair: Bob Crawford '56
Goal: To promote Shenandoah University’s 85-year history in Dayton to alumni, current students, faculty and staff.
- Encourage a Dayton Campus presence in Winchester
- Help the Office of Alumni Affairs capture the stories and memories of Dayton alumni
- Assist the Office of Alumni Affairs in maintaining the Dayton Gallery located in the Brandt Student Center
Committee Chair: Lynnette Embree '90, 92
Goal: To govern the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Serve as the alumni voice in the workings of the university
- Represent the Alumni Association at university events
- Oversee the entire Alumni Board, provide guidance to committees and define board meeting agendas
- Cultivate future leadership of the board and ensure smooth transitions
- Organize and oversee the orientation of new board members
Committee Chair: Mike Galvin '02
Goal: To seek out those alumni interested in serving on the Shenandoah University Alumni Board of Directors through volunteering their time, resources and experience.
Special Events Committee
- Explain the responsibilities and expectations of membership to applicants
- Recommend to the full board those applicants who are qualified for consideration of membership
- Provide guidelines for membership of the association based on by-laws
- Meet to discuss potential applicants for the Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Ensure alumni representation by all or most areas of study and by decade
Committee Chair: Pam Bell '71, '83
Goal: To assist with alumni planning for the annual fall Homecoming Weekend, Dayton Weekend and other events as needed.
Alumni Choir Reunion and Concert
- Work with the Office of Alumni Affairs staff to assist in programming for Homecoming Weekend and Dayton Weekend
- Provide alumni volunteers and actively recruit attendance at alumni and university events
- Assist with other alumni events and university-wide events as needed
When: Homecoming Weekend - Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2011
Director: Carl Harris '59
Guest Director: Karen Keating '02
If you sang in ANY SU chorus during your years on campus, we want you to come back and sing again! So, get your "gang" together and come sing in the big "Alumni Choir Concert" on Saturday, Oct. 1 during Homecoming Weekend. Carl Harris '59 and Karen Keating '02 will be conducting, plus you'll be singing with the 100 member Shenandoah Chorus! All of that, plus a rehearsal or two, and time for you to rebuild old friendships.
Get busy, contact your friends, make your hotel reservations, and log on to www.su.edu/homecoming
for more details.
The stage in Armstrong is waiting for you!